Fix qutebrowser high cpu usage

Published 2018-04-06 on Anjan's Homepage

I love qutebrowser for its vim keys but I found that qutebrowser’s cpu usage was too high. Indeed, the cpu usage reached 80% on my sandy bridge i7 laptop when I had one archwiki tab open. To fix the high cpu usage, I disabled software rendering. Here are the steps I followed:

  1. Open qutebrowser
  2. Type in :set
  3. Look for qt.force_software_rendering and set the option to false
  4. Restart qutebrowser

Keep in mind that if you use Nouveau drivers you must have software rendering enabled and this fix will probably not work for you.

Have a comment on one of my posts? Start a discussion in my public inbox by sending an email to ~anjan/ [mailing list etiquette]

Articles from blogs I follow around the net

These articles/blogs do not represent my own opinions or views.

Todo.txt-more: Efficiently managing your todo list and your time

Todo.txt More: Efficiently managing your todo list and your time Introduction I tend to get fairly enthusiastic when it comes to lists, even more so when there's a chance to optimise my productivity. The end of the year is a time for looking backward an…

via Proycon's website December 31, 2022

The PineTab2 is a new, faster Linux tablet - and it's not alone

In their December update, Pine64 announced the PineTab2, which is the successor to their PineTab from 2018. As a major change, the PineTab2 upgrades the slow A53-based A64 SoC with an A55-based Rockchip RK3566, the same chip that was used for the Quartz64…

via TuxPhones - Linux phones, tablets and portable devices December 19, 2022

I shall toil at a reduced volume

Over the last nine years I have written 300,000 words for this blog on the topics which are important to me. I am not certain that I have much left to say. I can keep revisiting these topics for years, each time adding a couple more years of wisdom and impro…

via Drew DeVault's blog December 1, 2022

Generated by openring